Leading Technology Solution Provider ITsavvy Delivers Best Client Service, Recognized with BBB Award
March 1, 2018
ADDISON, Ill.—Leading technology solution provider ITsavvy, just announced the company received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for zero complaints in 2017. This is the fourth consecutive year that the company received the recognition.
The A+ rating means that ITsavvy abides by BBB standards to make a good faith effort in all undertakings and to represent itself with honesty. Ultimately, the award is reflective of the company’s guiding principles which include integrity, respect, excellence, teamwork, empathy and thoughtfulness.
ITsavvy President and CEO Mike Theriault said, “We are honored to have earned this distinction for the fourth year in a row. It represents our commitment to client excellence and business integrity. We have received many awards for outstanding client service; however this is especially important since it comes from the most trusted source of client service information.”
The BBB rating takes into account:
- The number of complaints filed with BBB against the business.
- The size of the business.
- If complaints have been filed, whether in BBB’s opinion the business appropriately responded to them.
- If complaints have been filed, whether in BBB’s opinion the business resolved the complaints in a timely manner to the client’s satisfaction.
- If complaints have been filed, whether in BBB’s opinion the business made a good faith effort to resolve complaints, even if the client was not satisfied with the resolution.
- If complaints have been filed, whether in BBB’s opinion the business failed to resolve the underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.
- The age of resolved complaints. Older resolved complaints have less of an impact on the rating than newer complaints.
The rating also considers type of business, time in business, transparency with business practices, commitment to BBB, licensing and government actions, and advertising issues. These elements are weighted with points to determine ratings from A+ to F. Organizations that have earned points of 97-100 receive the A+ rating.
ITsavvy Executive Vice President Chris Kurpeikis said, “Our client executives, services and support teams know how to get to the heart of client needs. I’m extremely proud of their commitment to delivering excellent client service.”