Addison, Illinois, United States
ITsavvy is a single-source end-to-end IT provider committed to innovative distribution and tailored IT solutions. We have built our reputation as a value-added reseller offering best-in-industry support and delivery speed. Our growing technology portfolio includes Engineered Solutions, Managed Services, Cloud Solutions, and Cybersecurity. ITsavvy is headquartered in metro Chicago, with multiple offices and support centers across the U.S.
As a nationwide multicultural company, ITsavvy values our inclusive, tight-knit culture. Embracing our employees’ diverse perspectives and backgrounds is essential for our company. We encourage our people to share innovative ideas that mold our company day in and day out. We drive ourselves to push boundaries, improve processes, and enable our people to make a strong impact. This great opportunity is for a self-driven individual to work in a fast-paced environment.
This great opportunity is for a self-driven individual to work in a leadership role within a rapidly growing technology environment. In our newly created Vice President, Mergers & Acquisitions and Integration role, you will be responsible for leading and directing the identification, due diligence, acquisition, and integration of businesses that align with our company vision, strategy and values.
Lead our M&A function, including the following:
- Develop our funnel of potential opportunities. The individual will work with all members of our Leadership Team, our OEM and distribution partners, third party firms, our individual network connections, etc. to develop funnel of acquisition targets.
- The leader will take the funnel and qualify a list of acquisition targets, and then take them through the journey to either remove from consideration or get to LOI.
- Develop and communicate the strategic value of the acquisition to our firm, clients, partners, etc. This should include the financial value on both the top and bottom lines, and specific items that will create the positive outcomes, as well as, defining operating leverage and opportunities for automation through the acquisition.
- Work with legal, finance, etc. to ensure that we develop a strong LOI and a deal financial valuation model.
- Provide a timeline for DD and close.
- Lead all due diligence activities, significantly reducing the burden from the LT for engagement. The individual will need to understand the expectations that each of leader has on due diligence and ensure that those expectations/ requirements are met through the DD process.
- Work with LT, legal, external DD teams, etc. to get to deal closure.
- Develop an M&A template that the LT is aligned on, that incorporates all the items above, and ensures that we have a consistent playbook.
Post-acquisition, this individual will be responsible for all components of integration, including the following:
- The integration leader will develop an integration playbook for our acquisitions. This should be all-inclusive. The leader will need to work with each of you to understand the integration items from each of your respective areas. The leader will own this playbook and continue to evolve it over time. A few areas that they will need to focus on (not all-inclusive):
- As a part of DD and Day 1 integration, leader will ensure that the future state organizational construct is understood by ITsavvy and the firm we are acquiring – including how the organizational component will evolve.
- Technology, savvyPortal, Acumatica, branding, website, etc. integration will be thought through and a part of the integration playbook.
- The leader will need to ensure that Day 1 expectations for the sales order process, shipping, billing, financial reporting, financial close, etc. is fully understood, documented and ready to execute. This leader will need to document what to do with legacy sales backlog.
- Handle banking/cash management.
- Client overlap review and go-forward approach with the joint CE’s.
- During DD, the leader will begin the integration planning efforts. The leader will need to work with internal teams to ensure that we are developing a plan, executing any items and ready for Day 0, Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3 integration. This plan will be reviewed with the Leadership Team (and our teams) and updates provided.
- The leader will be fully accountable for ensuring all items of integration are delivered. The leader will work cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure this is delivered.
- The leader will need to ensure that all synergies from the acquisition are delivered – sales growth into the acquired firms client base across our portfolio of capabilities, sales growth from our clients leveraging the acquired firms capabilities, organizational/operating leverage efficiencies, leverage with OEM and distribution partners is maximized – including rebates, etc – and ensure that we can track these in the financials with our CFO.
- ITsavvy Leadership
- Key leaders and individual contributors across firm operations
- External partners
- Acquisition targets
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, Master’s preferred.
- 15+ years experience in technology.
- Proven experience with M&A and Integration activities.
- Proven track record (10+ years) in leading organizations.
- Strong leadership qualities with great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Adapt Quickly – able to manage expectations and quickly adjust to changing priorities based on team needs.
- Multitask – ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Procedure Development – ability to develop, maintain and drive standardized processes, procedures and work flows through the organization.
- Learner Attitude – driven to constantly learn and adapt to new technologies and
Compensation will be a competitive salary and bonus; a full benefits package, and PTO. Details to be provided to qualified candidates.
Why You’ll Love ITsavvy
- Competitive compensation.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
- Paid holidays.
- Employee purchase discounts.
- Flexible work options.
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Short-term and long-term disability.
- Life insurance.
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally.
- Free ITsavvy swag.
To our future employees. ITsavvy promises to inspire your success. It’s our responsibility to develop your career and knowledge with an empowering environment that retains passionate IT professionals.
ITsavvy is an Equal Employment Opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.