Chicago, Illinois, United States
As a nationwide multicultural company, ITsavvy values our inclusive, tight-knit culture. Embracing our employees’ diverse perspectives and backgrounds is an important part of our company. We encourage our people to share innovative ideas that mold our company day in and day out. We drive ourselves to push boundaries, improve processes, and enable our people to make a strong impact.
Founded in 2004, ITsavvy is proud to be one of the fastest growing IT solution providers. Our explosive growth means we are scaling rapidly and looking for our next great hire. We put our employees first and feature ongoing learning and career pathing. Because we care about our employees, we offer benefits including our 401k match, Blue Cross PPO health insurance including tele-health, a flexible schedule encouraging work-life balance and a focus on career growth.
ITsavvy is looking for a Senior Datacenter Engineer with a strong focus on backup technologies. The ideal candidate has a passion for implementing innovative technology solutions, with a special talent for realizing the business value of these ingenious solutions to current and future clients. We are also looking for an individual that is up to date on the latest technologies, including backup, virtualization, storage, and data center technologies.
At the end of the day, our clients need to know that with their significant investment, everything is going to work as promised. We solve technical and business problems to ensure success for both ITsavvy and our clients. We provide both technical sales consulting and implementation with one goal: Peace of mind.
Senior Datacenter Engineer Job Responsibilities
What You’ll Do
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of complex mid- to large-scale and enterprise infrastructure solutions.
- Installation and Configuration of Converged, Data Protection, Data Storage, Hyper-converged, and Networking and Firewall Solutions.
- Identifying and resolving client’s issues in a timely and thorough manner to include appropriate communications to the end user, root cause analysis, and any configuration changes required to address the underlying problem long-term.
- Develop and present assessments to demonstrate client value in the form of work done (e.g., health of equipment, supportability, suggested adjustments, and outcomes achieved.
Senior Datacenter Engineer Qualifications and Skills
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or a related degree, or equivalent education and work experience is preferred.
- 4 plus years working with enterprise Dell EMC backup systems and solutions.
- Dell EMC, VMware, Cisco and other similar certifications are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Converged Solutions (Cisco UCS, Dell MX, HPE Synergy).
- Strong knowledge of Hyper-converged Solutions (Cisco HyperFlex, Dell EMC VxRail, HPE Symplivity).
- SAN switching configuration experience (Brocade, Cisco).
- Firewall installation and configuration (Palo Alto, Fortinet, Meraki).
- Strong understanding of networking protocols such as IP, iSCSI, and fiber channel (FC/FCoE,NVMe-oF).
- Advanced understanding of tape libraries (Quantum Scalar i3, Scalar i8, HPE MSL, etc.).
- Advanced understanding of disk sources, targets, and related components (Data Domain, Isilon, NDMP).
- Demonstrated experience managing enterprise level storage solutions.
- Previous experience working with a Value-Added Reseller environment preferred.
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell).
- Strong knowledge of storage, virtualization, and server technologies.
- Knowledge of cloud backup technologies including Microsoft ASR as well as Microsoft and AWS storage blobs.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix is a plus.
- Knowledge of Dell EMC Networker, Avamar, Data Domain, Veeam, CommVault, Axcient, Barracuda, Cohesity and NetBackup are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of replicating backup copies over WAN is a plus.
Benefits of Working at ITsavvy
- Competitive compensation
- Extensive, individualized onboarding and orientation training program
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- 401(k) with employer match
- Company-funded Blue Cross, Blue Shield health insurance with prescription drug coverage.
- 3 week of PTO.
- Employee purchase discounts
- Flexible work options
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Internal training in both technical and soft skills
- eLearning account to Brainstorm QuickHelp
If this sounds like it fits your goals and career path, we hope you consider joining our ITsavvy family!
To our future employees. ITsavvy promises to inspire your success. It is our responsibility to develop your career and knowledge with an empowering environment that retains passionate IT professionals.
ITsavvy is an Equal Employment Opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.