ITsavvy receives VMware Certification to Provide NSX Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) Solutions
January 26, 2016
ADDISON, IL—ITsavvy, one of the fastest growing providers of software defined data center (SDDC) solutions in the U.S., just announced that it received VMware NSX Certification to design and support secure, efficient, cost-saving NSX SDDCs for its clients.
ITsavvy’s Senior Director of Solutions Architecture Nathan Farris said, “In order to receive certification, our engineers had to complete training and pass the NSX certification test. The fact that we have achieved this should give our clients a level of confidence that ITsavvy can maximize the benefits of SDDCs.”
An SDDC is a virtualization function where all elements of the infrastructure: storage, networking, processing, and security are virtualized and delivered as a service. NSX is VMware’s offering in that market.
NSX delivers the operational model of a virtual machine by reproducing the network model in software. Once implemented, this enables network features and functionality to be created or modified quickly from a centralized location. Users can also create isolated virtual infrastructure through custom combinations of NSX capabilities.
“For virtual machines that are running on the NSX framework, policies can be applied based on operating system, location, or keyword,” Farris explained. “This gives organizations the ability to set specific network security policies; it provides assurance that everything has been and continues to be correctly configured and secured.”
Key benefits of NSX include:
- A reduction in network provisioning time from days to seconds.
- Operational efficiency through automation.
- Workloads can be placed and moved independent of the physical network elements.
- NSX can integrate third-party network and security solutions through standard APIs.
- The deployment is potentially non-disruptive over existing physical networks or next generation network elements.
“One advantage that isn’t obvious, but I think is very important is micro-segmentation,” Farris added. “Without a lot of modification you can add a lot more security to your network. For example, you can create a firewall between each server and each department. It gives you a lot more control.”
Specific features of NSX include:
- Logical Switching: Users can reproduce the complete L2 and L3 switching functionality in a virtual environment, decoupled from underlying hardware.
- The NSX Gateway: An L2 gateway provides seamless connection to physical workloads and legacy VLANs.
- Logical Routing: Routing between logical switches provides dynamic routing within different virtual networks.
- Logical Firewall: The distributed firewall features kernel-enabled line rate performance, virtualization and identity awareness, with activity monitoring.
- Logical Load Balancer: The full-featured load balancer has SSL termination.
- Logical VPN: Software includes site-to-site and remote access VPN.
- NSX API: REST API for integration into Cloud management platforms is included.
ITsavvy President and CEO Mike Theriault said, “The team of engineers that make up our Advanced Solutions Group are among the best and brightest in the world. They allow us to offer an end-to-end solution for everything we sell, including NSX. This certification demonstrates how hard we work to stay on top of the technology that makes the most sense and offers the most benefits to our clients.”
ITsavvy, one of the fastest growing companies of its type in the U.S., is a recognized leader in tailored end-to-end IT product and service solutions. ITsavvy built its reputation as a value-added reseller with industry-leading product availability, design and implementation, client support and delivery speed through 46 distribution centers across the U.S. ITsavvy also has data center locations in New Jersey, Illinois and New York. The company’s new, user-friendly website provides hundreds of concise, leading-edge IT decision-making resources, including an e-commerce site with real-time pricing and availability. ITsavvy is headquartered in Addison, IL, with offices in Chicago’s Loop; Hauppauge, NY; New York, NY; Warren, NJ; Aurora, IL; Davenport, IA; Hayward, CA; Beavercreek, OH; Indianapolis, and Miami. Call 1-855-ITsavvy (1-855-487-2889), email: firstname.lastname@example.org
, visit: www.itsavvy.com